Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Take Advantage of Opportunities in 2011 [Video]

Many people have a lifelong dream of seeing the ball drop on New Year's Eve in Times Square. As much as I love events of worldwide importance, Times Square on New Year's Eve has never been my dream. In fact, I have resisted opportunities to go because of the crowds, the cold, and the extreme time commitment involved. However,when I was invited to a New Year's Eve office party that overlooks Times Square, it seemed like the perfect situation. A bird's eye view of the action without actually being in the crowd. We could hear the entertainment, see the ball drop, and even catch a few pieces of confetti as they floated through the air.

I knew I didn't want to see the ball drop from the crowded streets of Times Square, so eventually life presented an opportunity to participate on terms that worked better for me. Life offers what you need if you pay attention. It may not be the exact way you predicted, it may not be absolutely perfect, but when an opportunity presents itself, take advantage and do what you need to do to make it fit your terms.

In 2011, I hope that you will be more attuned to unexpected opportunities and take advantage of them.

For a peak at my view of the action, check out this video. (If you can't see it here, visit http://www.vimeo.com/18339472)

 
Contact Dawn to get your FREE 25-minute phone coaching session to set your resolutions, or give your resolutions a complete kick-start. Get the details.
To receive future blog posts in your Facebook news feed, become a fan of Urban Nomad. 
Do you know someone who may benefit from this blog post? Please consider forwarding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...