Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Redesigns, makeovers and other compelling changes

I just gave my website a face lift. When I announced it on Facebook and Twitter, I got 47 visits in the first hour (much higher traffic than a normal weekday hour). 95% of the content didn't change, just the appearance, and it drew people in at a much higher rate than any new bit of information.

There is something compelling about any sort of makeover. People are drawn to the story of reinvention. How many TV shows are there about home makeovers, personal makeovers and weight loss makeovers. (I don't know the answer to that, as I don't have a TV, but it seems like a lot). What are you doing to reinvent yourself? How will you create a better version of you this week? This month? This year?

*************************************************
Do you know someone who would benefit from this blog post? Please consider forwarding it.
Join the Facebook Group Urban Nomad for insight, videos, questions to ponder and much more.
For a complete list of life coaching services, please visit my (newly redesigned) website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...