Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Know who your people are and spend more time with them

Event logo by Michael Sladek
Who are your people? You know the ones I'm talking about: The ones that instinctively understand you. The people who help you to define who you are. The friends you meet who you instantly feel like you've known forever, and then over the years end up knowing them "forever." Some people are just your people. I spent time with some of my people last week at the Extravaganza in Kansas City. It's an annual gathering of about 500 Lutheran youth workers. I lead part of the event, along with an amazing team of "my people". Although we work long and (sometimes inconvenient) hours, I am renewed by having touched base with my people, some of whom I have known for more than two decades. The best part is, I could feel that the whole hotel was full of people who were reuniting with their people.

These are certainly not all of my people, yet they hold a unique value for me because of how long and how deeply we have known each other. I also love this event because it really is about the people. We hold this event in various cities all over the country, but many of us never leave the hotel. It doesn't matter where we are, it matters that we are together, sharing a top-notch event. 

Know who your people are and spend time with them. It's good for your soul.
*****************************************
Registration for online interactive e-courses starts February 1! Don't miss this super cool, go-at-your-own-pace, reasonably priced opportunity to do more things that are good for your soul.

Join the Facebook Group Urban Nomad for insight, videos, questions to ponder and much more.

Do you know someone who could benefit from this blog post? Please consider sharing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...