Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

An ode to the library

These are my library cards. One of my favorite "perks" when I am out of town working at a theater is a local library card. I love to read and know that an electronic reader will soon make more sense for me than physical books. I actually look forward to being able to carry all my books with me at all times, stored conveniently in my electronic reader, yet I will miss the trip to the library. I love the search for an interesting book, the smell of the pages and the hushed silence in the room. I love the librarians who seem to know everything about their little corner of the world and can direct you to the perfect reference on any subject of local interest. I also love the way in which the library connects me to the community. Although I am only in a particular town for a few weeks, I belong just a little bit when I have a library card.

****************************************
Do you know someone who would benefit from this blog post? Please consider sharing it.
Join the Facebook Group Urban Nomad for insight, videos, questions to ponder and much more.
For a complete list of life coaching services including one-on-one telephone coaching and online interactive e-courses, please visit my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...