Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Be Your Best You

My most viewed blog post of all time is A Walking Tour of Charleston, SC. I think I did fine with it, but I don't think it's 150% better than my second most viewed post, Now Boarding on Track 4, or twice as good as my third most viewed post, Lessons in Confidence from Maria Von Trapp. You see, the perfectionist in me wishes that the fourth place post, America's Leading Expert House Guest, ranked higher. I want people to start to get to know me as an Urban Nomad and someone with great additional insights for all types of journeys. I want to control the message.

You know what? You don't know how people are going to get to know you. You don't know what will "go viral", either online or person to person. Make sure that what you put out there in the real world and online is a great version of you. People don't expect you to be perfect. However, you do yourself a service by being the best version of the real you as often as you can. Being consistent is one version of integrity. Have your consistent message be something great. Not fake, great.

Do what you can to make sure that what you do, say and write would be OK if it went viral or was someone's first impression.

***
Learn more about yourself in fun, systematic ways! The next round of Online Interactive e-courses starts July 12 and runs for four weeks, or find out more about one-on-one coaching by email or phone.

Don't miss another Urban Nomad blog post! Become a fan of Urban Nomad on Facebook or visit the blog to sign up for email updates in the upper left hand corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...