Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday Travel Tip: Keep Your Things Together While in Transit

Since I live in New York City without a car, I spend a lot of time on public transportation. Sometimes I am in transit long enough that I need more than one thing out of my bag: a snack, a book, an iPod, perhaps music that I am memorizing (which is what I've been doing lately on public transportation). However, I have learned over the years to keep all of my things together inside my bag. I only take out what I am am actively using at the time: first a snack, and when I am done my book, etc. I have seen too many people have their things all over the seat beside them, and then suddenly see a connecting train and jump up to catch it, leaving behind something important. Even on airplanes I keep everything inside my bag except what I'm currently actively using, ever since I left behind a favorite book in the pocket of the seat in front of me, having stored it there before snoozing off on an international flight. Sometimes it becomes necessary to keep my wallet out to show a ticket or passport more than once during a trip. Thus, I use my wristlet as a wallet since I can have it connected to me when it's not inside my bag.

Keep your things together to have a smoother trip.
***
Move toward excellence with proven, scientific methods to know yourself better, understand how your thoughts influence the world around you, and reach your lifelong goals. The next round of Online Interactive e-courses starts August 2 and runs for four weeks. Can't wait? Find out more about one-on-one coaching by email or phone.

Don't miss another Urban Nomad blog post! Become a fan of Urban Nomad on Facebook or visit the blog to sign up for email updates in the upper left hand corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...