Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tuesday Travel Tip: Truly Experience Things as They Happen

This is a sample of the red, white and blue appetizers we had on the roof of my friend's apartment as we waiting for the Independence Day fireworks to begin in New York City last night. I also have a couple pictures of friends and other rooftop views, especially as the sun went down. What I don't have is a picture of the fireworks. You see, I love fireworks, and if I'd been concerned about getting a good picture of the fireworks I would not have truly enjoyed the display. I would have focused on framing the photo, timing it out with the burst of color, and constantly wondering if I could make the next photo even more spectacular. However, I didn't want to "waste" this fireworks display by doing all that. Although the fireworks go on for quite some time, they don't happen every day, and I wanted to see them all. I also knew that plenty of other people were taking photos, and that it was being televised. If I really need to have a record of the fireworks, I can find it quite easily.

If you put all of your focus on saving the memory for later by trying to record it, you may never truly have the experience in the first place.

***

Summer is a great time to take your life to a whole new level! Find out more about 4-week Online Interactive e-courses that begin July 12 or one-on-one coaching by email or phone. My goal is to help 25 new clients reach their goals this summer. Let's talk!

Don't miss another Urban Nomad blog post! Become a fan of Urban Nomad on Facebook or visit the blog to sign up for email updates in the upper left hand corner.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...