Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Week in the Life of a Life Coach, Actress and Urban Nomad

Some of my friends in the blog-o-sphere introduced me to Ali Edwards. She leads a scrapbooking project called Week in the Life. The idea is that once a year, you make a time capsule of what regular life is like. To find out more, visit her website.

For my Week in the Life, I followed many of Ali Edwards' suggestions. I also made it work for me. For example, I had my Week in the Life begin on Wednesday since that's when my week begins, after Monday and Tuesday off from performing in shows. I also noticed that Ali Edwards typically does The Week in the Life at the end of April. At first I thought I shouldn't do that week because of how much I had going on, and then I realized that's the point. I just capture a week, no matter what's happening.

I'm glad I did the project. Documenting a week made me think about what's important in my current situation, what I'll want to remember for the future, and who is in my world. I also found myself delighting in normal things, knowing that they won't always be normal once I move on. I even took photos of things like my food, my favorite beauty products, and my shoes because those photos will be a fun time capsule later on.

Start to appreciate normal life. Document it with photos, keep a detailed journal, or just discuss it with a partner. You may find a new appreciation for things that you weren't even noticing.

I will eventually put my pictures into a scrapbook the way Ali Edwards suggests, but for now I've gathered them into a video with a couple show clips. If you've ever wondered about the week of a life coach, actress, and Urban Nomad, here is a peek into my world.


A Week in the Life from Dawn Trautman on Vimeo.

(Having trouble viewing it? Watch it on Vimeo.)
***
Learn proven, scientific methods to know yourself better, understand how your thoughts influence the world around you, and reach your lifelong goals. The next round of $59 Online Interactive e-courses starts June 1 and runs for four weeks.

Do you know someone who would benefit from this blog post? Please consider forwarding it.

Don't miss another Urban Nomad blog post! Become a fan of Urban Nomad on Facebook or visit the blog to sign up for email updates in the upper left hand corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...