Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Opportunities

I recently had occasion to go to a department store makeup counter. Makeup counters are generally on the first floor of department stores where there is a lot of foot traffic. I realize that the people who work in those areas end up answering endless questions that aren't about makeup: Where is the bathroom? What time do you close? They develop a shield that protects them from the crowds. The shield may have grown too solid because when I wanted to buy something, they hardly noticed me. They were all congregated and talking to one another. I almost walked away until one woman turned around, smiled and said hello. She ended up with a commission from my purchase. As she rang up my sale, her coworkers were all still complaining to one another that sales were slow that day. It was easier to complain than to do something to fix the situation.

What opportunities might present themselves if you turn around, smile and say hello?
*******************************************************
To talk about the opportunities in your life, set up a coaching session.

Join the Facebook Group Urban Nomad for insight, videos, questions to ponder and much more.

Do you know someone who might benefit from this blog post? Please consider forwarding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...