Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

I recently passed a thresh hold: I now have more than 1000 Twitter followers. For those who are unfamiliar with Twitter, the updates from those I follow come quickly and all appear together in one long, every changing stream of information. Talk about TMI: Too Much Information. The things I might really have wanted to know were getting lost in the shear volume of tweets.

That all changed when I started to use lists. I divided the people I follow into five lists based on how I knew them or the content of their tweets. My entire Twitter experience changed. I could view a list with only the updates of artists or solopreneurs or Lutherans (or interesting people, that's one of my lists). With fewer tweets on a list, the more useful information rose to the top. I was able to join in conversations, when before it had just been a firehose of useless facts and links.

By organizing and drawing boundaries around the information, I actually learned more. What do you need to organize or draw a boundary around in order to make the entire situation more manageable?
****************************************

To get organized and learn to set boundaries, set up a coaching session.

Join the Facebook Group Urban Nomad for insight, videos, questions to ponder and much more.

Do you know someone who might benefit from this blog post? Please consider forwarding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...