Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Yoga


I find that I cannot be creative or productive if I have too many variables in a day. Since I do not choose to have the stability of one place to live, I create stability in my life by following a few practices. One of those is my combination of yoga, Pilates and general stretching that I do most mornings. I'd rather have a mat for this, but the traditional mats are so large and bulky that they must be packed diagonally in my bag, throwing off my packing in all sorts of other ways. I have seen travel yoga mats by Gaiam, but they were a version of a sticky towel, and not enough cushion for my back during Pilates.

Today, I found a much better solution, a foam mat by Savasa that folds into squares. As an unanticipated bonus, it folds in such a way that the part that touches the ground never touches the side I use, unlike a mat that you roll. This may catch on even for non-travel situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...