Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

DC


I consulted at a New York City ad agency in the morning before catching the Bolt Bus to Washington DC. Highly recommended, since it has reserved seating, free wifi and plugs at every seat for only $20 each way. I was glad to be back in DC at a less crowded time, since my last trip was for the inauguration. I love the transition from New York to DC because there is a completely different dress code with a different vibe around town. New York is about money and DC is about power. I met a high school classmate for dinner and we met another classmate after dessert. One works for a United States senator and the other works for the director of national security. He couldn't tell me what he does, but I did learn that in their business they always talk about methods and sources. Or more specifically, not revealing methods and sources.

After staying over at their apartment, a second home for both of them, I met yet another high school classmate for lunch the next day. She gave me directions to meet her in a park on Pennsylvania Avenue. It turned out to be across from the White House. The White House! To her it was just the park closest to her law office, but I kept turning around and reminding myself that I am eating in a park across from the home of the leader of the free world. I don't want to lose the awe and wonder of being around world famous sights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...