Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday Musings: One LIttle Word

{Photo Credit: www.aliedwards.com}
It's Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Today is a day to set a vision for a better future, as he did in his most famous speech. Today's post presents a way to help you set a vision for a better future for yourself and anyone within your sphere of influence.

Last year one of my friends in the blog-o-sphere brought my attention to a movement by Ali Edwards to set an intention for your year with One Little Word. I loved it. Last year, my word was momentum. For me, momentum meant that things that had been a conscious effort became a bit more effortless as they start to run themselves. Momentum implied progress toward a positive outcome. Momentum also meant building habits to the point of autopilot so that I could focus my attention on new projects. I created momentum by eating more healthy, exercising more consistently, performing more often and in better shows, creating new coaching opportunities, serving the people around me in new ways, blogging more often (did you notice?), keeping better records throughout the year, networking more efficiently, and spending a whole year in conversation with my mastermind group. As I look at my 2011 blessings and accomplishments, I see the effects of my momentum.

This year my word is action. For me, it means a few things:
  1. Action = moving from idea to implementation: For every 1000 great new ideas I have, I act on 5. I know that it's not possible or prudent to act on all 1000 ideas, but this year, I will act on 10.
  2. action = not procrastinating: It's not just about acting on new ideas, I also need to keep normal life up to date.
  3. ACTION = exercise and movement. I have drifted away from some of my favorite dance classes, and I want to reinvest. I also have started a new set of exercises on my own.
  4. "Action!" =  the start of filming. I am going to explore the world of film and television, of which I know almost nothing. Don't expect me on the Golden Globes next year, maybe something more along the lines of waitress #3 in the background whom you can glimpse if you pause the DVR at just the right moment.
  5. ACTION = helping coaching clients move forward in bold new ways to make a difference in their world.
I think action is going to be a good word. I've already started to use it as a battle cry to motivate myself on cold days. Are you considering what might be your One Little Word and need some ideas? You can read everyone's words on Ali Edwards' blog. I'd recommend it. It's quite inspiring.
***
Take action and make a difference with one-on-one coaching. Start with one session, or invest in a package.

Don't want to miss another blog post? Sign up on my website to have them delivered by email or become a fan of Urban Nomad on Facebook to see them in your news feed.

Do you know a smart, creative, spiritually-minded person who might be interested in this blog post? Please forward it in its entirety, compliments of Dawn Trautman, Urban Nomad. Copyright, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...