Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Monday Musing: A Report on "Green" Christmas

Regular readers of my blog know that each year my family has a theme for our Christmas stocking gifts. Last year was shapes, the year before was numbers, and the year before that was experiential. We've had themes for about fifteen years, so I actually get inquiries on the theme from some of my friends who look forward to brainstorming with me about what to get for my parents, my brother, my sister-in-law, and my two nieces, ages 8 and 1.

 My mom always starts with a warm up activity. This year she created a quiz in which all of the items included the word green. Then she gave her gifts wrapped in lovely lime green paper. Her gifts ranged from green tea to green pencils made of recycled materials.

My brother made a green meal for everyone: kale and spinach soup and leafy salad. So yummy.
My sister-in-law gave donations to various green causes in honor of each of us. My 8-year-old niece lead a craft activity for everyone using primarily green beads. I gave a variety of green colored gifts in recycled bags that ranged from green sippy cups for my youngest niece to early reader books about God's green earth for my older niece to green scrapbook supplies, pesto, olive oil, fair trade coffee and and a green scarf made as part of a sustainable program.
My father added to the green food gifts, primarily with vegetables. And of course our tree was green, so we took note on how thematic that was. My youngest niece wasn't in green, but I couldn't resist a picture of her in her Santa hat!

My 8-year-old niece suggested that next year's theme be symmetrical. Watch for that update a year from now!
***
Get started on a year of personal development with a 4-week interactive eCourse. Another group starts January 10, so join before the next group fills up! Explore the topics of Personalize, Organize and Realize with like-minded people.

Don't want to miss another blog post? Sign up on my website to have them delivered by email or become a fan of Urban Nomad on Facebook to see them in your news feed.

Do you know a smart, creative, spiritually-minded person who might be interested in this blog post? Please forward it in its entirety, compliments of Dawn Trautman, Urban Nomad. Copyright, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...