Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tuesday Travel Tip: Just Be

(My room in the cast house, adjacent to a screen-in porch)
Before embarking on my three city tour of in-person coaching that I'm calling Super Strategic Map Making, I spent 11 weeks in Florida. As someone who has always lived north of the Mason Dixon line and only visited the south for a week or two at a time, it was fascinating for me to experience the change of seasons in a warmer climate. The weather went from way too hot to pleasantly warm during the day and cool at night. Previously, Florida always felt like summer to me with no discernible change of seasons, but being here for a longer stretch helped me see how there are changes. Even though it didn't get cold the way I have always experienced, it still felt like fall especially after daylight savings time when it started to get dark early. I'd always known that Florida weather was great, and now I was experiencing it.

At the beginning of my last week in Florida, I realized that I only had a week left in this almost-perfect weather before jumping right into winter. I suddenly worried that I wasn't doing everything that I should to take advantage of the great weather. Then I realized all I needed to "do" was to "be." As long as I could be outside, I could do anything and be satisfied. In fact, other than sleeping and doing the show, I was outside all the time. It helped that I had a screened-in porch right off of my room. I worked, read, talked to friends, coached, walked and enjoyed every minute of fresh air that I could.

While I am often a big advocate of taking action, there are times that it is more important to just be, and let your actions be secondary to the experience. I fully embraced my last week in Florida because I remembered to just be.
***
Examine what you need to be and what you need to do in order to reach your next goal with the all-new Super Strategic Map Making Session - live in person or via webcam! It's the structure, strategy and momentum that you need to get started or keep going.

Don't want to miss another blog post? Sign up on my website to have them delivered by email or become a fan of Urban Nomad on Facebook to see them in your news feed.

Do you know a smart, creative, spiritually-minded person who might be interested in this blog post? Please forward it in its entirety, compliments of Dawn Trautman, Urban Nomad. Copyright, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...