Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

What do your belongings say about you?

Being an Urban Nomad means living with less things, but better things. And I like it. My world is not cluttered with belongings that I don't want, need or use anymore. Because I can't accommodate many  items, I shop more carefully. I get things I love, that I know I'll use, and that save me time, space, or weight in my bag. My things (in my opinion) are meaningful, high quality, low maintenance and indestructible.

I am not the first nomad to subscribe to this line of thinking. One random example: medieval triptychs. I loved them when I was studying European Art History during my semester abroad at Cambridge University. It's travel-sized art! These three-part religious paintings fold closed to keep the art safe while it travels from one place to the next. Meaningful, high-quality, low maintenance and indestructible.

What is your relationship to your things? What few words describe your things? What do they say about you? Do you acquire things without careful consideration? Do you have clutter or disorganization? Let's talk about it. Contact me to set up a coaching session by phone.

****************************************

Become a fan of Urban Nomad on Facebook to be the first to find out about blog posts, videos, questions to ponder and other insights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...