Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tuesday Travel Tip: Make a Local Friend

When I settle into a new neighborhood for more than a few days, I make a local friend. This is generally facilitated by my ever-present need to buy a Diet Coke. The person pictured here is the daytime worker at a bodega where I often bought Diet Coke this summer.

I love having a local person to greet each day. Eventually we recognize each other and make small talk. Sometimes my local person even shares useful information about the neighborhood. Even if we never progress beyond a polite hello, having a person who is there every day grounds me in the local community. In this day and age when we can take our world with us where ever we go (and I love that!), I also like to connect to real humans in real places.
***
Learn to make a difference and commit to taking action: I can help you make a map to live out your passions through one-on-one coaching or 4-week interactive eCourses.

Don't miss another blog post! Sign up on my website to have them delivered by email or become a fan of Urban Nomad on Facebook to see them in your news feed.

Do you know a smart, creative, spiritually-minded person who might be interested in this blog post? Please forward it in its entirety, compliments of Dawn Trautman, Urban Nomad. Copyright, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...