Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tuesday Travel Tip: Look in Unexpected Places

This is an alley between two upper middle class apartment buildings on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.

I passed it many times while cat sitting in a nearby apartment without really looking down the alley.

Why would I look at the garbage waiting to be picked up?

I'm glad that I looked because I might have missed this:
Someone was throwing away a larger-than-life statue of the Incredible Hulk, masked only slightly by a tarp.

It was almost as though the Hulk was real, and trying to escape undetected after being held hostage by whoever his enemy is in the comic book series, and purposely standing very still until the garbage man came along and opened the gate that imprisoned him so that he could spring to action and make a surprise escape.

Or maybe my imagination is just a bit active, but I would have missed all the fun if I had hurried past instead of looking around.
***
The next round of 4-week interactive eCourses start in only a week! Registrations are rolling in, so find out more and reserve your spot to create your personal mission statement, organize your time and space, or learn to reach goals once and for all.

Want these blog posts delivered right to you email inbox? Sign up on my website!

Is it time make a creative and lasting impact on your personal life or organization? I can help you make a map to your goal through one-on-one coaching by phone or email.

Do you know a smart, creative, spiritually-minded person who might be interested in this blog post? Please forward it in it's entirety, compliments of Dawn Trautman, Urban Nomad. Copyright, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...