Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday Morning Musing: It's Not All About the Worst Part

(Photo Source: curlyinthecity.com via Pinterest) 
Sometimes when I consider all of the effort it would take to do my daily series of yoga, pilates, ballet and strength training, I'm overwhelmed. It seems like too much effort.

Way too much effort.

Remembering how hard it will be makes me not want to do anything at all. Then I remember that I don't have to start with the hardest part, I get to start with gentle stretches. Each part of the exercises build into the harder parts, and by the time I get to the difficult parts I'm ready. It's still hard but I'm warmed up and ready to go.

We often focus on the worst part of a project as a way to convince ourselves not to do any part of it. We even characterize the entire experience by the worst part of it. We can't ignore the hard part, we need to be ready, but we also need to keep in mind the good part. In my scenario, I also need to focus on how much I love to stretch before and after strength exercises, how good I'll feel afterward, and the long-term effects on my body.

And so, without further ado, I shall start with today's series of exercises.
***
Big announcement tomorrow! Stay tuned for a fun new *free* opportunity! I can't give away too many details yet so be sure to check in on The Urban Nomad Blog, Urban Nomad's Facebook page or Twitter tomorrow.

Want these blog posts delivered right to you email inbox? Sign up on my website!

Is it time to pursue your life-long goal or to make a creative and lasting impact on your organization? I can help you make a map to your goal through one-on-one coaching by phone or email and interactive eCourses.

Do you know a smart, creative, spiritually-minded person who might be interested in this blog post or my coaching giveaway? Please forward it in it's entirety, compliments of Dawn Trautman, Urban Nomad. Copyright, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...