Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

NY Giants' Winning Mantra

I generally don't participate in football festivities, but I happened to be at a Super Bowl party this year. Being in New York City, I knew our local team was playing yet I was just marginally invested. As I sat there eating what could only be called a gourmet selection of dips, our tradition struck me as odd. We all sit around eating high calorie foods while we watch some of the best athletes in our country battle for the championship. It feels like a disconnect.

Beyond the promise of fun dips and other foods, I get on board with sports if I know some of the players personally or there is an inspiring moment. Since I didn't know any of the players in the Super Bowl, I needed an inspiring moment. I must say, inspiration is generally easier to find in the Olympics than in other sporting competitions, but it's there.

For me, inspiration came after the game during an interview with coach Tom Coughlin. He said that he tells his players, "Talk is cheap. Play the game." After some googling, I learned that he even gave shirts to the team with this phrase in 2007. I love it. Not totally original, but it overlaps nicely with my One Little Word this year, action. We can talk all we want, but action is what counts in the end.

Congratulations, Giants. I applaud you as I sit here on the couch, finishing off the last of the guacamole.
***
Start playing the fame with one-on-one coaching by telephone or email.



The next round of eCourses start February 20 and 23. Join a group of like minded people to learn more about yourself, get organized, and set and achieve goals. Learn more about eCourses.

Don't want to miss another blog post? Sign up on my website to have them delivered by email or become a fan of Urban Nomad on Facebook to see them in your news feed.

Do you know a smart, creative, spiritually-minded person who might be interested in this blog post? Please forward it in its entirety, compliments of Dawn Trautman, Urban Nomad. Copyright, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...