Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday Travel Tip: Be Fully Present

Once you decide to be somewhere, be fully present.

I've been at a party where I never took my jacket off because I was only going to stop by. Two hours later, I'm still there, wearing my jacket and not quite fully committed.

I went to grad school with someone for two years who never said that she lived in the city where we attended school.

I had a Russian coworker who said that she was just visiting New York and wanted to get back to Russia. She left Russia in the late 80's.

Be fully present and committed to your surroundings. If they aren't right for you, leave as soon as you can. Just don't be halfway there. It's not helpful to you or anyone else.

***

Learn to be more fully present. The next session of 4-week interactive eCourses runs October 18 through November 15. Choose which course is right for you: learn more about yourself, get completely organized or learn proven methods to reach your goals. You'll complete each daily assignment on your own time, whenever it's convenient for you.

Don't want to miss another blog post? Sign up on my website to have them delivered by email or become a fan of Urban Nomad on Facebook to see them in your news feed.

Do you know a smart, creative, spiritually-minded person who might be interested in this blog post? Please forward it in its entirety, compliments of Dawn Trautman, Urban Nomad. Copyright, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...