Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thursday Thoughts: Please Take Responsbility

(Source: etsy.com via Holly on Pinterest)



Since the Tuesday Travel Tips have been going so well (thank you for your supportive feedback!), I decided that it would be fun to add another weekly series: Thursday Thoughts.

I was reminded of this quote when a coaching client of mine mentioned that Oprah used it on her last episode:

"Please Take Responsibility for the energy you bring into this space."
- Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor

I love it.


Are you often aware of the energy you bring into a room?

In what situations could you take more responsibility for the energy you bring into the room?




What difference would it make?

***

Take responsibility: know yourself better, understand how your thoughts influence the world around you, and reach your lifelong goals. The next round of $59 Online Interactive e-courses starts July 12 and runs for four weeks. Can't wait? Find out more about one-on-one coaching by email or phone.

Don't miss another Urban Nomad blog post! Become a fan of Urban Nomad on Facebook or visit the blog to sign up for email updates in the upper left hand corner.

1 comment:

  1. I love this too, Dawn. Applies to any room you walk into, I think. I'm super aware of it when I go to yoga class. When I see others faltering around me, I'm more likely to give up. And when I falter, others around me start doing it too. Energy is contagious, like a yawn. Certainly applies when I'm teaching. Sometimes I feel low energy as I commute to class, and I give myself a pep talk so that I won't convey lack of enthusiasm to my students.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...