Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday Travel Tip: Ship It

It is only on very rare occasions that I check a bag. I began this personal policy long before airlines charged to check bags. I value the freedom to switch flights easily and to move quickly without dealing with heavy, bulky bags. I also like to leave the airport after I land, not wait at the baggage claim.

However, sometimes I go away for very long periods of time, even months. I can't get by with just a carry on, especially if the seasons change while I am away. In these cases, I ship my suitcase. I find that the major shipping companies will allow you to ship the bag itself, so you don't even need to pack your things into boxes. Not only is the bag there waiting for you at your destination, in many cases it is cheaper for me to ship the bag than pay for a taxi to the airport plus the fee involved with checking it. Still considering checking a bag? You also loose a bit of freedom as you travel. More than once, I have been allowed to make a last minute switch with my flights, but only after the gate agent made sure that I hadn't checked a bag.

Next time, ship it.
***
Explore who you were created to be. Create order in your world inner and outer world. Make a list of goals and learn to actually achieve them. The next round of $59 Online Interactive e-courses start NEXT THURSDAY, April 28 and run for four weeks.

Do you know someone who would benefit from this blog post? Please consider forwarding it.

Don't miss another Urban Nomad blog post! Become a fan of Urban Nomad on Facebook or visit the blog to sign up for email updates in the upper left hand corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...