Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Creative Inspiration

I almost didn't write a blog post today. Today was my self-imposed deadline, but I just haven't felt inspired. I considered waiting to see if I felt more inspired tomorrow. Then I ran across this quote.

“Inspiration exists, but it has to find us working.” - Pablo Picasso

The quote itself is a bit inspiring, isn't it? I am one of those people that can fulfill my obligations to others on a daily schedule, but when it comes to creativity I wait for bursts of inspiration. The bursts of creative energy are fun and I get a lot done when they happen. However, sometimes those bursts don't happen at opportune times, like when I stayed up until 5 in the morning to edit a video or when I made my whole website in three days while I still had a full time job. This method of creativity also does not work out so well when the task at hand is larger than one burst of creative energy. I can wait for another burst, but when I have a deadline for a creative project I have to just do it.

I have been thinking a lot about how to wrangle in my creativity in order to do a number of projects this year. Maybe all it takes is just doing the work. Picasso was right. Once I start working the creativity comes from somewhere. Thanks, Pablo Picasso.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...