Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Packing Cubes


Among the annoyances of living out of a suitcase is the difficulty in finding what one needs and the general disarray of the contents after one finds said item. Most luggage has pockets, but it is never enough. I add additional organization to the large part of the suitcase by using packing cubes. After visiting four luggage stores and The Container Store, I found that Eagle Creek dominates this market. Thus, I went back to three of the four stores in order to get a variety of colors. By packing the cube by type (accessories in the purple cube, shirts in the black cube, etc.) I can quickly find what I want. Clothes are rolled and stored inside to reduce wrinkles and stay organized day to day. The cubes also make packing easier, since many of my belongings are in rectangular shaped containers that fit nicely into the suitcase.

Here's the best part: I bring the cubes to the laundry room and repack them as I take things out of the dryer. When I had a dresser, I never really liked that last step at the end of laundry when I had to put the clothes into the drawers. Now it's like I am bringing the drawers to the laundry room. Blissfully streamlined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...