Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Life of Purpose and Passion: Misconception #3

{Photo found via Pinterest}
This week, I am doing a series on the top five misconceptions about a life of purpose and passion. You can see the previous post here.

Misconception #3: Passion is only for young people.

We can all remember a time when we were going to change the world. The possibilities were endless. We could do anything. But then reality hit and we had to be practical, right? No more dreams, or only dreams that can be delayed until retirement, right? Passion is for young people without too many responsibilities.

Well, today I am turning a not-so-young age. I mean, it's not super old but it's not those ages one might associate with passion, like, say, 22. And yet I still seek to live with purpose and passion. The best part is, I have mentors and role models who are even older than me who are also living with purpose and passion.

All of your major life decisions are not behind you. You can still make a difference. In fact, with your life experience, wisdom, connections, and resources, you probably have more chance of making a lasting difference than you did before.

Get started today.

***
Hey! It's my birthday! In honor of the day, I'd love to sell a huge amount of books to passionate people. In fact, if you want a signed copy of "Urban Nomad USA: Travel Sized Life Coaching for Journeys of All Sorts" go to the page for the book release cabaret in New York City, click "I can't attend, but I'd like you to send a signed copy" and be sure to fill in your address before you pay.

Don't miss another blog post! Sign up on my website to have them delivered by email or become a fan of Urban Nomad on Facebook to see them in your news feed.

Do you know an intelligent, creative, spiritually-minded person who might be interested in this blog post? Please forward it in its entirety, compliments of Dawn Trautman, Urban Nomad. Copyright, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...