Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

New Life

Easter Sunday is my last full day in Greenwich Village. The weather definitely matches the spirit of the day. As if on cue, the whole neighborhood came alive this weekend. Days like this inspire me to stage a small photo shoot. As I took the photos, I realized that the elements of a stunning photo have a variety of applications in life:
  • Framing: Once you decide what's important and crop off all the other junk, real beauty emerges.
  • Point of view: If something is not working, look at the subject from a different angle.
  • Focus: Enough said.
  • Patience: Spend the extra time to get it right.
  • Observation: Some of the best opportunities are on your way somewhere else. Pay attention.
  • Trial and Error: Look at what you did, learn from it, and try again.
  • Juxtaposition: Mixing together unexpected elements creates the most interesting results.
  • The Light: Without it, there is nothing.
Below are the fruits of my labor. I hope you enjoy the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...