Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Video: What I Dreamed Last Night

Earlier this year (I won't get to say that much longer!), I played Marion Cunningham in "Happy Days: A New Musical." I had the pleasure of singing one of the best songs in the show, "What I Dreamed Last Night." I put together a couple clips of the song: one is in the first act when Mrs. C realizes that, as much as she loves being a mother and wife, she may be able to be even more useful to the larger world. In the second act reprise of the song, Joanie and Pinky Tuscadero (remember her?) have also shared their dreams, and all three women bond together and commit to really go after making their dream a reality. The parts I put together are less than a minute and worth watching:


The lyrics at the end are:
I want what I want and I want it now,
Forget what traditions of the past allow!
I want what I want and I'm willing to fight
'Cause I want what I saw, I want what I felt,
I want what I dreamed last night!

Strong words, which is the great thing about musical theater: there's a whole song to express how far these characters are willing to go to make their dreams come true!

When was the last time you knew, deep in your bones, what you needed to do? When were willing to do whatever it takes because it was that important to who you were and what you could offer the world?

Right now? Great. You don't have to wait. Let's talk.
***
Jump into your next goal or your 2012 resolution with the all-new Super Strategic Map Making Session - one-on-one or via group webinar. It's the structure, strategy and momentum that you need to get started. Keep your momentum with a 4-week interactive eCourse that starts January 3.

Don't want to miss another blog post? Sign up on my website to have them delivered by email or become a fan of Urban Nomad on Facebook to see them in your news feed.

Do you know a smart, creative, spiritually-minded person who might be interested in this blog post? Please forward it in its entirety, compliments of Dawn Trautman, Urban Nomad. Copyright, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...