Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday Morning Musing: Great Idea

I have a whole new idea for my coaching business. I'm not ready to divulge the details, and I'll let you decide how wonderful (or not) it is once I reveal it later this week. Today, I want to focus on the germination of an idea.

Once I had my new idea, I did some research at a bookstore and on the internet. This allowed me to see what others do who have similar ideas. Then I thought about it during a long walk. This allowed me to develop creative versions of my original idea. Third, I talked about my idea with a few trusted advisers. This allowed me to see my "blind spots" - the areas that I was missing in my explanation of my idea.

Only then did I take action. There will still be rough drafts, and versions of the idea, and much to learn once I launch it. However, I always love that early stage when the idea is nothing more than a thought in your head and the journey of implementation is still ahead.

How do you develop your ideas? Have you ever thought about the process?
***
Develop your ideas in a conversation with a life coach. A small investment on the front end will save time and money down the road. Learn more about one-on-one coaching by phone or email.

Don't want to miss another blog post? Sign up on my website to have them delivered by email or become a fan of Urban Nomad on Facebook to see them in your news feed.

Do you know a smart, creative, spiritually-minded person who might be interested in this blog post? Please forward it in its entirety, compliments of Dawn Trautman, Urban Nomad. Copyright, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...